Update on our reopening plans
We have postponed our tentative reopening plans. We will not reopen on September 2nd. While we cannot presently announce a definitive reopening date, we will continue to post updates as they become available.
The Austin Swing Syndicate Board has been working for months to bring Thursday night dancing back to the community. Previously, we announced that if Austin reached stage 1, we would reopen in September. Unfortunately, Austin is now in stage 5 COVID-19 restrictions. Under these conditions, we do not feel we can safely hold large, close-contact events on a regular basis.
Our vision for a safe return is one without restrictions. We highly encourage those who can get vaccinated to do so. Hefty breathing and close contact are hallmarks of our hobby. We must work together as a community to create an environment where we can dance with as little risk as possible. Let’s choose to keep each other safe!