Marketing Intern Needed!
We’re looking for a Lindy-loving aspiring marketer to create amazing content, build our brand and promote all that the Austin Swing Syndicate has to offer.
This apprenticeship will take place under the direction of Nick Williams, President of The Austin Swing Syndicate and Amanda Eakin, Board Member at-large of The Austin Swing Syndicate. Nick has deep experience in creating video content that captures and engages audiences. Amanda works with startups at her day-job to learn how to sell, market and grow their businesses.
The Austin Swing Syndicate holds one of the longest running and best attended weekly swing dances in the country. Since 1999 our Thursday night dance at the Texas Federation of Women’s Clubs (or as we call it, The Fed) consistently draws 200 people each week.
Our goal is to grow this supportive and welcoming environment and share our appreciation for vintage jazz through dance with the community at large.
Here’s what you’ll do and learn in this apprenticeship:
- Create a long-term strategic marketing plan to help the Austin Swing Syndicate grow and thrive
- Create and post educational, inspirational and promotional social media content (images, video and written)
- Assist in business development and fundraising outreach
- Analyze key social media metrics and conduct marketing experiments
- Develop and expand community connections
- Your copywriting skills are second to none
- Some prior experience in visual content creation
- Fierce enthusiasm for swing dance
- This is a volunteer position for a 501(c)(3) non-profit
- This internship may be accepted as course credit for some programs at The University of Texas at Austin. See requirements for Stan Richards School; McCombs; Moody College of Communication; Department of Rhetoric and Writing
To apply: Email [email protected] with your resume and writing and/or visual content samples